Tuesday, August 09, 2005

National Day

Today is our Nation's 40th Birthday... So..Happy National Day Singapore! *throws some orchids in the air for drama effect.. Haha..
Delighted that today is Public holiday aka Rest & Slack day for me...
Yesterday..Monday.. Went to work.. my Auditors are in town! so definitely some document compilation has to be done for them, inevitable.. Then headed to my MSM class in school.. listened to the lecturer rattles on & on when Bernice, Xueting & me are already in the holiday mood, then I went to catch the midnight movie, Land of the Dead with my friend. We actually intended to watch another movie, The Maid, but because I didn't replied his invitation on time, the tickets were sold out! According to him, everywhere in Singapore were sold out! haha... so it gave him the chance to grumble and blamed it all on my late reply.. haha.... But I got my excuses . First, I wasn't sure whether after my classes at 10pm, I would be too lethargic to watch the movie, right? And also I was busy, I have to hunt for my auditor's stuff first before I could knock off in time for school so I simply forgot to reply him... Anyway his brother decided on Land of The Dead for us when actually I was considering Charlie & the Chocolate Factory... Having not much expectations on this film as I haven't heard of it beforehand, I find it quite interesting.. Its about this enclosed fenced area/ town of all Dead people (or zombies with inactive brains) roaming around, all looking horrible and bloody disgusting, how they might escape to the living urban city..how some heros attempt to guard the ground and keep them within their zone.. and there were ample brutal scenes of Eating and Tearing living humans etc (its only rated M-18, so its not that bad) ... I'm not going to disclose the storyline here but I think it's quite a decent movie you can consider to watch.. to me, it also reflects on how some living human beings can be eventually as disgusting & loathsome as the dead actually... because of the word "greed"..

http://www.landofthedeadmovie.net/htdocs/lotd.html

No comments: