Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Overwhelm!


I'm overwhelmed as Arsenal beat Juventus in the lst leg at Highbury. As usual, I woke up at 2.30am to watch this much anticipated Quarter finals of Champion League Its so refreshing and exciting to see good players I haven't seen for a long time in action, namely, Zlatan Ibrahimovich, Adrian Mutu, David Trezeguet and Patrick Vieira of Juventus!! These pple whom I didn't catch for a long long while since Worldcup action.. Too bad on the overall game, Juve underperform and my named ones were quite off-form in the match as well.. Arsenal simply domintated.. Think Juve were not even close..
Its abit ironic if you ask me, since Viera seems to have left Gunners for better European performance & prospects but its still our side who have done better so far.. I hope this 2 goals cushion can really help us advance to semi's on the 5th Apr.. Dont misunderstand me for mocking at Patrick, as I still have great respect for my former skipper really, and it sort of upset me to see reviews critising Vieira just SOLELY based on yest'day performance alone... Every players got their off peak days mah..I still strongly acknowledge him as a great player with leadership quality..

Anyway back to my team performance, Im still very happy Fabregas has come to prove to everyone of his class & skills... I have spotted this rare gem months ago (got my most likings among his peers Flamini, Van persie) and as long as he stay level-headed and continue progress gradually, he can be A huge star.. Anyway..stil got one more leg, semifinals & finals... Hope Arsenal don't be complacent and eventually win the trophy! Dream Dream!

No comments: