Monday, March 26, 2012

the hunger games

I've been wanting to watch this show since like, hmmm... forever? So I went to catch it right on it's first week of release. The movie was not bad overall. Based on young-adult novel, I thought it was pretty decent for a not-so-young-adult like me. There's a number of media comparison between this trilogy and Twilight, but to me, it's like comparing apple to orange... different plot totally right? One is bout sick reality tv game and the other one is bout supernatural vampires/werewolves.. I enjoyed both movies. So I'm not going to compare them and is equally excited on the sequel to both.

For the hunger games, I'm enticed by the courageous heroine age only 16 in this crazy reality tv game held annually.
I'm not going to do a movie review lah.. but love Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Everdeen. And since I've always been a fan of real reality tv shows, this storyline intrigues me. Also, movie characters/ storyline that inspire me or give me ample thoughts always score extra brownie points. And this young but strong teenager certainly did set me thinking. Not forgetting she's very chio =)
do catch and make ur own judgement. (but if u r a very sexist man, just stick to John Carter and Wrath of the Titans la)



May the odds be in your favour.....................

p/s: I've also been wanting to bring e lover go watch the new 3D Titanic next month.. it's going to b extra awesome watching this movie together with ur loved one and be touched together by lovebirds Jack and Rose

No comments: