Wednesday, July 13, 2005

cancelled appt leads to the princess diary

hmmm... Last night, my hair-dresser disappoint me again.. had to cancel my appt with him because his place was too packed, and abit too late.. cancelled for the second time in a row! haha, cannot blame him also because it's partly my fault.. always choosing the peak periods to visit.. but when he's not busy, its my turn to be.. Since he's a friend and I can't bear to let anyone else touch my hair nowadays.. I shall wait (Despite the fact that recently my hair seems to be looking so sad & moody)..

Alternatively my only Plan B for the sudden free evening was to just head straight home and watch my DVD. Certainly not well-planned, but slightly better than nothing to do.. From the supplies of DVDs courtesy of my generous colleague Emiline, I pulled out the one I haven't watched before- "The Princess Diaries 2 - Royal Engagement" (no, I never caught princess diary 1).. Emiline has been filling me with other DVD titles such as " Shall we dance" "Wimbeldon" "Under the Tuscan Sun" "A Cinderella Story".. not forgetting almost the whole series of Sex & the City (from 1st to the 6th seasons) which I truly enjoyed..
I wasn't expecting anything much from this Princess Diary anyway and seriously speaking, I kinda dislike the term "Princess"..as I always thought it is abit too fairytale.. & girlish, & childish..& superficial &, &, & you know, like not so genuine..(I admit im tom-boyish) but surprise surprise.. the Queen-to-be in this show for me was actually quite down-to-earth and so much more likeable than I would have thought.. In fact, kind of change my opinion & dislike for this term..
Not that the show was that inspiring, but I do like the main Character, Amelia because of the way she acts in the different circumstances.. her Courage & Kindness was the true beauty & I actually don't detest this term so much anymore.. anyway Im not recommending this show.. just saying its "watchable"..

No comments: