Friday, August 10, 2012

a story to tell - red brolly

He is a young rich boss taking over a large established company.
She is a poor girl and an average office worker.

They met when her brother mistook him for someone else and strike a brief conversation,she then lent him her  red brolly out of kindness on that rainy stormy day and shared a brolly with her brother.
He came to return her the red brolly near her place and then they meet up a few times after that.
People around him start to sabotage their relationship because of their differences in status and family background.
She was hurt by his family and friends and also him and started questioning his sincerity and motive. So when he finally plucked up his courage to ask for her number, she asked him back,

Her: "Why me? I'm not pretty,  not wealthy,  not smart, not anything, why did you choose me?"
Him: "I just do, can I have your number so I don't have to wait for your call anxiously each time?"
Her: "No, I don't wish to be fooled and played, why  me? I'm so normal, I'm just an average girl!"
Him: "Fine! I cannot like someone who has no self-esteem, self confidence and character of her own, please let my chauffeur send you home, I will cab home myself"

In his car, she was feeling upset and confused, confused about her own doubts at him, whether she's wrong.
The chauffeur spoke up:"My boss waited for you for a long time with that red brolly in the rain that night to chance upon returning it to you"

That night, she left her handkerchief to the chauffeur to pass to his boss. On it, she scribbled her phone number.


1 comment:

sylvia said...

beautiful love story:)