Sunday, July 24, 2005

handphone impact

I was suppose to meet my goodfriend for Shopping this afternoon but as I was halfway through the train journey, I realized I had forgot to bring my handphone along! This is not the first time I forgot to bring it out and normally I wouldn't considered it a big deal, but as this meeting was not scheduled properly, we did not specify a meeting point for meetup.. It was merely a "lets meet up at Bugis at 3.15pm" thingy... Oh dear!.. What was I thinking about? Bugis is so big.. She's taking bus or train?? I'm not even sure... It got me really anxious as I considered my options.. Going back to retrieve my life-saver phone? I would be supersuper late then if I do so & its pretty time-consuming & I will probably have to take a cab there from my place else she might erupt? (no, she's not so hot-tempered but I don't feel good keeping friends waiting for so long) definitely costly.. I ....erm.. I ... I could contact her by calling her handphone using the public phone? nope I can't.. all thanks to the convenience of my handphone, I have not bothered to remember my friend's handphone number.. (yeap..I would have remembered if I bothered but I don't =P)... not only hers but all of the other numbers, unless for a reason.. I would just store & saved it happily and rely on my phone directory completely.. But luckily, as she's my long term close pal since Secondary school, I do remember her house number.. U know in those times where we don't own handphones yet, I did bothered to remember her home number.. I got out and went the nearest coin booth (I don't own phonecards either) at the train station.. Of course she has already left her house but as I predicted, her mother was there and I passed the message to her embarrassingly.. We did manage to meet up after all... =)

After this incident, I make a mental note on the following..
1) Make an effort to remember my friend's contact number by heart, not to always rely on the directory, Unhealthy!
2) Start jotting a backup list of my contacts since I can't recall when was the last time I did that (you know, in case maybe the next time I could have lost my handphone instead of just forgetting to bring it out)
3) Do not laugh at friends who own phonecards, it might come in handy..

No comments: