Monday, July 07, 2008

Poor Federer

Last night I watched the "best tennis match" ever..
Nadal beat Federer in the Wimbledon 2008 finals..
His first!
Poor Federer...
It was a GREAT match, and it was VERY CLOSE..

Nadal had a great start after taking two sets and doing everything right while defending champion made quite a number of errors.. Thought he was going to lose in any minute in the 3rd set,
But Federer brilliantly came back later on 2 sets, 2-2 after two tie-breakers (against all odds)
The game was interrupted by the rain and suspended. So poor me was up til 3am!
In the last crucial set where everything (scores, set, points) was a draw, the rain came again!!! forcing me to snooze and miss the "second half of the last set" of the Finals.. it's really anybody's game.. 2nd time suspension.. was already 3am++ so I give up..

In the end Federer lost.. It was still very close.. I must emphasize.. poor Roger.. I support him!

I feel sad for Federer because.. He was the defending champion and after all the stress of defending the title yet losing 2 sets, going to lose.. he still remained calm and collected and came back with 2-2.. I thought that would be the greatest comeback..

I feel sad for Federer because.. his serves are still damn good and had so many Aces so it's a joy watching him play..

I feel sad for Federer because.. he already lost to Nadal in the US open (Nadal already got that title & trophy) and therefore on grass, the (only) place where Federer can always triumph Nadal and anybody, he still lost, which would be a huge blow for him.. no title too..

I feel sad for Federer because.. I don't want him to feel that he's old and cannot win younger chaps anymore (lose in stamina & strength).. I don't wanna see reports criticising him or feel he should retired etc.. He is still good, still world's number!

Roger Federer, we (I) still love you! Congrats Nadal! Thanks for the great match and we can't deny you are good!

No comments: